Thursday, July 30, 2026

Soup #6 - Blue Cheese-Onion Soup

 The Year of Soup

Soup #6 - Onion Soup

    The original recipe (Blue Cheese-Onion Soup) comes from The Blender Way to Better Cooking For Every Day.. Every Meal...Everybody, published  in 1965. I will say that I liked the soup, but I would choose parmesan cheese rather than blue cheese the next time I make this. I have modified the recipe and will show my modifications in italics. Serve with hot, crusty French bread. 

Ingredients:

2 large onions, chopped

1/3 cup butter or margarine

1/8 tsp black pepper

32 oz beef broth

1/2 tsp beef bouillon powder

1-2 cups water

crumbled blue cheese or grated parmesan for topping

red chili flakes (optional)

Directions:

Blend chopped onion with a tiny bit of water in a food processor until finely chopped. Drain any excess liquid. Brown onion in butter. Add pepper, bouillon powder, water and bouillon. Simmer, covered for 30 minutes.  Serve in bowls topped with blue cheese or parmesan and a sprinkle of red chili flakes if desired. 

Onion Soup with Blue Cheese

Charley The Muffin Man (It's kind of a tradition now that I put him in pictures with what I've made. 

Onion Soup with Homemade Bread Croutons and Melted Mozzarella



No comments:

Post a Comment

Soup #6 - Blue Cheese-Onion Soup

  The Year of Soup Soup #6 - Onion Soup      The original recipe (Blue Cheese-Onion Soup) comes from The Blender Way to Better Cooking For E...